Jan 13, 2017
Grilled Steak Sandwiches
Prep time 10 min Total time 15 min Serves 2
Is cooking more often part of your resolutions? This recipe will simplify your life. These sandwiches are ready in no time!
- Marie des Neiges Magnan
- 2 kaiser buns from Fabrique Arhoma
- 1 tomato from our Laval greenhouse
- Arugula leaves from our Anjou greenhouse
- Riviera Parmesan shavings
- 1 or 2 sliced radishes from our Anjou greenhouse
- Salt and pepper
- Honey Dijon mustard from Miels d’Anicet
- 1 sour orange from Norris Grove
- 1 sliced French shallot from Vallons Maraîchers
- 2 French steaks from Ferme Nordest
- ½ tbsp. of Laiterie Chagnon butter
- ½ tbsp. of olive oil
- In a medium sized bowl, mix 2 tbsp. of honey Dijon mustard, the shallot, and the juice of half a sour orange. Coat the steaks with this marinade and let sit at least an hour, but overnight would be even better.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil and the butter in a pan and sear the steaks 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. If you wish, you can also drain the shallots from the marinade and sauté them in the pan.
- Let the cooked meat stand on a slicing board for 5 minutes and set the sautéed shallots aside. Meanwhile, smear the the inside on the kaiser buns with a bit of olive oil, and brown on medium heat in another pan. Then, cut the steaks into thin slices.
- To put the sandwiches together, spread some mustard on the bread, add some steak slices, shallots, a slice of tomato, some arugula leaves, Parmesan shavings, and thin radish slices. And you’re all done!